Sunday, August 14, 2011

Delegation . . . Success Attitudes

Here we have another evaluation which is going to require you to answer
the questions with a number from 1 to 7. If you will recall, 1 means the 
question is nothing like you and 7 means it is exactly like you. In between,
the numbers 1 to 3 mean varying degrees of nothing like me,  4 is in
the middle of the road and 5 to 7 are degrees of exactly like me. Please 
respond thoughtfully to each statement by placing the appropriate number
in the box [   ] that you believe best describes the degree to which each
statement is true for you. If you are not satisfied with some of your
responses even though they are true and accurate, develop a plan for
modifying your attitudes through adopting new behaviors. You now know 
how to do that since it was covered in "Success Through Time Management".
Now, add those items to your Master List of Time Management Goals.
The ability to Delegate effectively begins with attitudes as you will readily
see as you go through this exercise. Good Luck!


1.  I must know every detail about the work in my unit so I can
     instantly answer any question my superior asks.  [   ]
2.  I am bogged down in endless details.  [   ]
3.  I work harder than anyone else in my department.  [   ]
4.  I expect perfection of myself in everything I do.  [   ]
5.  I must be in control of myself and my work at all times.  [   ]
6.  No one else can do the work as well as me.  [   ]
7.  There is so much day-to-day detail in my job that there is no
     time for planning or long range goal setting.  [   ]
8.  I feel productive in my work only if I am constantly pushed to
     meet deadlines and get the work out.  [   ]
9.  If I were promoted today I would feel insecure.  [   ]
10. My superior will think I am not doing my job if I try to get
     rid of some of my work.  [   ]
11. I tend to supervise all of the work done by my employees.  [   ]
12. I will not ask someone else to do work I am not willing to do.  [   ]
13. If I get rid of some of my work my employees will not like it
     and resent what I am doing.  [   ]
14. If I  delegate some of my work my boss will think I am not 
                needed.  [   ]
15. I cannot trust anyone else to keep the work confidential.  [   ]
16. I cannot take a vacation this year because my department 
     would fall apart without me.  [   ]
17. No one else cares enough to do the job well.  [   ]
18. Other employees are out to get my job.  [   ]
19. My superior expects me to personally do the work I have been
     assigned.  [   ]
20. I am the first person here in the morning and the last to
     leave at night.  [   ]
21. If I am not willing to do my share of the work I cannot expect
     others to do their work.  [   ]
22. I supervise every detail of the work done by others.  [   ]
23. I let people influence my decisions to delegate.  [   ]
24. My boss expects quantity instead of quality so I delegate
     everything I can.  [   ]

No comments:

Post a Comment